Happy New Year
Ingredients for tart dough
• 3 1/2 ounces butter, at room temperature
• 2 1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
• 2 1/2 tablespoons finely ground blanched almonds
• 1 hard-boiled egg yolk, pressed through a fine sieve into crumbs
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• pinch salt
• 1 teaspoon dark rum
• pinch of double-acting baking powder
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Place butter in a food processor and process until creamy.
- Add the confectioners' sugar, ground almonds, egg yolk, cinnamon, and salt, and blend together.
- Add in the rum and blend.
- Add in the baking powder and flour and blend.
- Remove the dough and and then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for about 4 hours until firm.
- Cut the parchment paper for an 8 3/4-in tart pan . Roll out the dough and fit into the pan and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- Fit a circle of parchment paper inside and fill with beans. Bake it for about 18 to 20 mins.
- Remove the parchment and beans and bake for another 3 to 5 minutes more, until firm. Cool to room temperature.
- 1 cup chestnuts puree
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Mix all the fillings ingredients together and fill into the prepared tart mould.
- Spread it in an even layer over the bottom of the crust.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
- Bring the cream to boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and then pour into the chopped bittersweet chocolate and stir gently with a rubber spatula to combine till it forms a homogeneous mixture, then beat the butter with a spatula until it is soft and creamy, stirring till well mixed.
- Let it cool on the countertop for a bit until it has thickened but is still pourable.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the puree and refrigerate until set. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
***Recipe adapted from the book "Chocolate Desserts by Pierre Hermé"